- It is much easier to get into something than to get out of it.
- The biggest problems come from a failure to attend to the basics.
- It always takes longer than expected.
- Complication breeds difficulties.
- When large numbers of people are involved, pinpoint timing and accuracy are only found in spy movies.
- Some key person will have misread the priorities. Count on it.
- One rehearsal is better than none and three are better than one but the number doesn't erase the fact that rehearsals are only rehearsals.
- There are two dangerous types of critics: those you listen to and those you ignore.
- The lengthier the explanation, the more likely it is that beneath the words is a lack of knowledge.
- A surprising number of people believe in pixie dust more than in logic.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
10 Things That Produce Unintended Consequences
Posted by Michael Wade at 5:10 AM