- Advertise the job.
- Interview some of the people who express interest.
- Listen to them talk about their individual attributes.
- Pick a person.
- Put the individual through an orientation process that gives a mind-numbing amount of information about the organization.
- Put the person in with a bunch of other individuals who were selected in roughly the same manner.
- Now grapple not with the individual per se nor the organizational policies but with the quality of the relationships the individual has with the rest of the group and with the immediate supervisor.
Friday, July 25, 2008
The Missing Area of Emphasis
The usual process:
Posted by Michael Wade at 6:49 AM