Pick an Extreme
Okay, no middle ground options. If you had to pick one of each of the following, which extremes would you choose and still hope to be reasonably effective as a manager?
[ Please consider them separately and not as a group.]
- (a) Micromanaging or (b) Heavy Delegation?
- (a) Rapidly Multitasking toward Several Goals or (b) Slow and Methodical toward One Goal at a Time?
- (a) Hiring Too Quickly or (b) Firing Too Slowly?
- (a) Frequent Consultation with Staff on Decisions or (b) No Consultation?
- (a) Too Friendly or Too Detached?