- They felt they owed the job to another person.
- They have a long acquaintance with an inside applicant and believe they'll have a better sense of how that person will handle the job.
- Your application simply arrived at the wrong time. If it had been a month earlier or later, your skills would have been far more attractive.
- Your brilliance came through in the interview. Unfortunately, they believe someone that smart might be disruptive.
- There is one team member who is either so much like you or so much unlike you that they are afraid of putting the two of you together.
- They have a rigid and illogical view of what the successful applicant should resemble and you don't fit the mode.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Best Qualified But
You may have been the best qualified applicant, but. . .
Posted by Michael Wade at 8:32 AM