Training and Neglect
"Why don't they train their employees?"
Well, it's because:
- Training is expensive. [Not really. It is a real bargain compared to ignorance.]
- They don't have the time. [But they'll find time to clean up messes caused by a lack of training.]
- They hire people who have been trained. [Unfortunately, much of that training took place over 10 years ago.]
- They are already very good. [Pray that the competition doesn't make "very good" seem mediocre.]
- Requesting training may imply inadequacy. [Lawsuits and disasters can do more than imply.]
You wouldn't neglect maintaining your office equipment. Why would you neglect maintaining your employees.