- Focus solely on your technical ability and neglect anything resembling a "people skill."
- Have frequent disputes with co-workers and be sure to hold grudges.
- Do just enough work to get by. They don't pay you enough as it is.
- Avoid cluttering your mind with workshops or reading.
- Never pass up an opportunity to hit your boss with a zinger at the staff meeting. People should realize that you're running your own show.
- Regard customers as nuisances.
- Don't doublecheck your work. You're too busy.
- Never admit mistakes. Confessions are for fools.
- Hang around with negative people. They know what's up.
- Devote more time to looking busy than to getting things done.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
10 Ways to Sink Your Career
Posted by Michael Wade at 7:11 AM