I have been tagged by Evil HR Lady to reveal eight random things about myself.
Since the unusual but true is called for on such lists, here goes:
1. Favorite animal: Elephant. Favorite bird: Vulture. [I know that last one is obvious. Who doesn't like vultures?]
2. Serious addictions: Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series. The Sopranos. Elmore Leonard novels. Aaron Copland. Motion picture soundtracks.
3. First car: 1969 VW beetle. [Should have never gotten rid of it.]
4. Craziest professional best: Teaching in 100 cities in one year. [Upside: I learned a lot about airports.]
5. First job: Mowing lawns. [It still has an attraction. You can actually see what you've accomplished.]
6. Memorable school experience: Being marked down in Roman History class because in an exam essay I continued to refer to "Octavian" after he became Augustus.
7. CDs currently in my car: The soundtrack to The Commitments, Andrea Boccelli's Romanza, and a collection of hits by The Rolling Stones.
8. Currently considering: Either getting a Vespa or winning the Nobel Peace Prize.