Here are some reasons why employees don't want to go to HR:
- HR is a notorious gossip-mill.
- HR lacks the clout to take on an abusive department head.
- HR's first tendency is to side with the organization and rarely with the employees.
- HR cannot - or will not - protect employees against retaliation.
- HR is more interested in being right than in doing right.
- HR lacks the expertise to solve the problem.
- HR is a mysterious and distant group and its members are seldom seen out in the field.