- Fail to get rest. Fatique will cloud your judgment and diminish your courage.
- Isolate yourself. Shunning the advice and company of others harms your morale and your perspective.
- Exaggerate the dangers. This is a tricky one because some dangers are all too real. In most cases, however, they are not as great as our imagination would make them.
- Don't prioritize concerns. By failing to assign priorities, all matters may seem pressing.
- Don't ask for help. Pile as much stress as possible on your shoulders.
- Don't marshal your resources. There are tools at your command. What are they?
- Place undue emphasis on matters beyond your control. Doing so builds a house for worry.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
7 Ways to Make Matters Worse
No matter how bad things get, here are some time-tested strategies for making them worse:
Posted by Michael Wade at 5:46 AM