Do you have a satisfactory answer if any of the following questions pertain to you?
- You have a problem with your co-worker. Why haven’t you talked to the person about it?
- You know you have an incorrigibly abrasive person working for you. Why haven’t you fired him?
- You know a team member is being ostracized. What real action have you taken to ensure that person is brought into the team?
- You have just hired a person. Have you given that person a serious orientation?
- Your organization claims it hires on merit. Why are you giving preferences based on race, sex or national origin?
- You think your marketing people may be misleading customers. Why haven’t you tried to change that?
- You know that upper management routinely discounts the efforts of a peer who is doing extraordinary work. What have you done to help that person?
- One of your best people has turned in a letter of resignation. What are you doing to convince that person to stay?