7 Things That Every Job Applicant Should Know
- The requirements that are in the job advertisement are probably not the real requirements.
- The person who placed the ad may not know what the job entails.
- The person who supervises the position may not know what the job entails.
- Odds are the people doing the screening do not know why "five years of experience" are needed.
- In most cases, the degree requirement means they want a person who is reasonably well educated, can write, conduct basic research, and is in possession of enough self-discipline to get through college. Needless to say, there are plenty of people without degrees who have those qualities.
- Although the application deadline is next week the job may already be filled.
- Landing the job and successfully performing the job are two very different things.