Assorted Questions for Human Resources Professionals
- Isn't it hypocritical that the vacancy most likely to be filled by considering race, sex, or national origin is the job of Equal Employment Opportunity Officer?
- Why is more scrutiny frequently given to the process through which a secretary is selected than to the manner in which a corporate vice president is chosen?
- Why is the position of receptionist - one that requires extraordinary customer relations and people skills - usually one of the lowest paid jobs in the organization?
- Outside of highly specialized and licensed positions, does it make any sense to have a rigid requirement of a college degree?
- Why are X number of years of experience required for low paying, entry-level positions?
- Why do so many employees find that the bulk of their job responsibilities fall under "other duties as assigned?"
- Why do so many Human Resources departments regard employees as adversaries or nuisances?