- Get rid of abusive managers and co-workers. They drag down morale, increase stress, and drive off good people.
- Give us decent compensation. Our pay doesn't have to be extravagant, but it should be reasonable.
- Tell us what's going on. Keep us briefed so we don't have to rely upon the rumor mill. Don't lie to us or treat us like children.
- Ask us for ways to improve our jobs. Later, show us that you really listened.
- Drop the empty words. Remove any gaps between what you say and what you do.
- Examine what you reward. We notice when office politicians are favored over steady producers.
- Make our work meaningful and efficient. Structure our job responsibilities so we can see how we directly contribute to the larger mission. Remove anything that makes it harder for us to do our jobs.
Monday, December 22, 2008
7 Management Gifts for Employees
What can management give to employees? Here is a short list of what many of your employees might suggest:
Posted by Michael Wade at 7:15 AM