Thoughts Regarding Change
- If something is simple, the burden of proof should be on those who would make it complicated.
- "We've always done it that way" is not a sufficient reason to keep doing it that way.
- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is another unpersuasive argument. We shouldn't have to wait for things to break before we improve them.
- The Wing-Walker Rule: Don't let go of one thing until you have a firm grasp of another.
- If the practices of those who came before us seem foolish, perhaps we need to review their reasoning. They may have understood something that we overlooked.
- "Bold" and "Daring" are not always "Best." George Armstrong Custer was bold and daring.