Bad Management: Who Leaves and Who Stays
- Those who can quickly assess the situation.
- Those who realize that upper management will not correct matters.
- Those who know that the bad manager won't leave because no one else will hire him (or her).
- Those who draw the line at losing their self-respect.
- Those who are tired of seeing creativity squelched and competence scorned.
- Those who can no longer hide their contempt.
- Those who have more than a touch of masochism.
- Those who have retired on the job and no longer care.
- Those who have convinced themselves that all workplaces are dysfunctional.
- Those who believe upper management will eventually intervene.
- Those who are governed by a fear of unemployment.
- Those who regard any scrap of kindness from the boss as a sign of impending change.