- They won't make us look dumb.
- They are nice.
- They will get along with their co-workers.
- They won't try to change us.
- They have some unusual skill or credential that will give us some luster.
- They sound smart.
- They look the part.
- Their selection will please someone in upper management.
- They will satisfy some hiring goal.
- They will make us feel good about ourselves.
- They will only give safe opinions.
- They are readily available and we are pressed for time.
- They won't cost much.
- Their performance will be okay and okay is all we need.
- They won't leave us for another employer.
- They are not brilliant but are reliably above average.
- They bring valuable contacts.
- They work hard.
- They remind us of ourselves.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Not the Best
No, we don't hire the best here. We routinely select and promote people if they fall into one of these categories:
Posted by Michael Wade at 8:27 AM