- We won't shout that this is the end of the United States. It isn't.
- We won't make snippy remarks about the low intelligence or bigotry of the average voter. The voters are neither dumb nor bigots.
- We won't treat the new president as shabbily as George W. Bush has been treated in many circles.
- We won't assume that decisions with which we disagree are motivated by greed or evil.
- We won't spread wacko conspiracy rumors.
- We won't become Internet trolls.
- We won't threaten to move to Canada, Australia, Britain, France or some other "enlightened" land, all of which have their own problems.
- We will work hard to understand the reasons for the loss.
- We will continue to fulfill our civic responsibilities.
- We will go out of our way to act patiently and respectfully with those who hold opposing opinions.
- We will increase our involvement in community affairs.
- We will happily redouble our efforts to ensure that our side prevails next time.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
What Both Sides Should Vow
If our candidate loses:
Posted by Michael Wade at 5:15 AM