- Vague and frequently changing job descriptions.
- No job descriptions.
- Overlapping areas of authority.
- Redundant delegation of work.
- Managers and supervisors who shout at or belittle employees and/or one another.
- Grossly inadequate resources.
- Impossible workloads.
- Superficial or nonexistent training.
- Extreme multi-tasking.
- High turn-over.
- Lack of clear-cut procedures.
- High emphasis on not making mistakes combined with a near absence of guidance on how to perform the job correctly.
- Indifferent upper-management.
- Stressed-out middle management.
- Frequent crises.
- Rigid enforcement of minor rules.
- Turf wars.
- An absence of laughter.
- Omnipresent fear.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
21 Warning Signs of a Dysfunctional Workplace
Posted by Michael Wade at 12:10 PM