Upper Management May Think You're an Idiot
Upper management may think you're an idiot if:
- They conclude that years of morale and team problems can be solved by having a prominent motivational speaker deliver a one-hour speech to your group.
- They believe that most employee relations problems are promptly reported to Human Resources.
- They think that people didn't notice how quickly the chief executive officer exited after declaring the mandatory training is "extremely important for all of us."
- They cite having a "Mexican Platter Day" in the company cafeteria as a sign of the organization's diversity program.
- They permit a level of incompetence in human resources issues that would never be accepted in other disciplines.
- They require greater scrutiny for the hiring of a secretary than for the recruitment of an executive.
- They speak eloquently of how employees are the most important asset, but tolerate abusive managers whose numbers are good.