- Make a few schmoozing appointments. Just 20 to 30 minutes for coffee to talk about what's going on in their world and what's happening in yours. You'll realize the benefits later.
- That article you thought would be of interest to a friend? Send it on.
- Establish an FAQ File on your computer. What goes in it? Copies of files that you frequently need but only locate after a lengthy search.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes.
- Read something completely unrelated to your job.
- Read a commentator with whom you have little in common.
- Replenish your supply of birthday cards and thank you notes. Send one.
- Designate the monthly Unpleasant Task Day on which you will complete those chores you've been shunning.
- Put at least one worry in your Zone of Indifference.
- Focus on completing two important tasks.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Some Things to Do Today
Posted by Michael Wade at 12:02 PM