Some frustrations that will be familiar to those of you who are in business:
- Charge less and many will think your product is lousy.
- Charge more and others will think you're too expensive.
- Charge a lot and a surprising number will believe you're great.
- Rapidly deliver high quality and many will appreciate it.
- Rapidly deliver high quality and others will assume the job must not have been very difficult.
- Defer to the wishes of your managers and you'll drive the lawyers nuts.
- Defer to the wishes of your lawyers and you'll drive the managers nuts.
- Manage autocratically and you'll get few complaints.
- Manage collegially and you'll get a lot of complaints.
- Give leeway to some employees and they'll appreciate the freedom and your vote of confidence.
- Give leeway to other employees and they'll fear the freedom and long for strict boundaries.
- Keep close to some customers and they'll enjoy your guidance and concern.
- Keep close to other customers and they'll suspect you're just trying to land another project.